Re: Only drawing ...

Dr. T.C. Zhao (zhao@bragg.phys.uwm.edu)
Fri, 13 Dec 1996 22:43:48 -0600

From: Petasis Gewrgios <ph1566@rea.edu.physics.uch.gr>
>intense drawing. I have used fl_deactivate_form in the same place with no
>success (In my original app, fl_deactivate_form simply did nothing, in the
Again, fl_deactivate_form is not usable when handling FL_DRAW
event. Pretty much the only thing that can and should happen is draw.
What you might consider is to reduce the drawing to the bare
minimum that absolutely needs to be redrawn. Changing hundreds
of colors everytime probably is not the right thing to do. Your
code just does not look right. What happens if a user drags
another window on top of your free object ? that typically
will trigger an FL_DRAW event and in that case, you definately
do NOT need to remap the colors.

>It is also very reasonable, while doing intense drawing to turn the
>cursor to a watch or something showing delay.

Then don't use double buffering. In current versions of xforms
(and possibly in future versions), the double buffering
is simulated using pixmaps, for which a cursor does not make sense.