Re: Q: About popups & cascade menus

Worawut Wisutmethangoon (wisutmet@cae.wisc.edu)
Mon, 30 Dec 1996 11:54:58 -0600

Dr. T.C. Zhao wrote:

> This demo will fail when the visual selected by xforms is different
> from the server default (xforms always selects the visual that has the
> deepest colors). To make the demo work, run it with -visual Default
> command line or see the new pup demo in V0.84. Another way
> to make the demo work is to change the 0 in fl_newpup to
> fl_default_window() (*The* trailblazer window).

I first have to say thank you very much for the answer.

Unfortunately, the solutions do not work. Running the pup
demo with -visual Default (or -visual PsuedoColor) still gives the
BadMatch error when the button "menu" is pushed.

Then I tried changing the arguments in fl_newpup() from 0
to fl_default_window() (or fl_default_win()) and recompiled. The
program will suspend (in continuous loop ??) when the button "menu"
is pushed. I have to use control-c or kill the program to get out.

Again, this happens on HP-UX machines, but on Linux the
program works fine. The problem is the same for v0.81 and v0.84.
I also include the output from xwininfo for the root and the program
windows below. Any ideas about this ?

Thanks again,
Worawut W.

/***************************************************************/
xwininfo: Please select the window about which you
would like information by clicking the
mouse in that window.

xwininfo: Window id: 0x28 (the root window) (has no name)

Absolute upper-left X: 0
Absolute upper-left Y: 0
Relative upper-left X: 0
Relative upper-left Y: 0
Width: 1280
Height: 1024
Depth: 8
Visual Class: PseudoColor
Border width: 0
Class: InputOutput
Colormap: 0x26 (installed)
Bit Gravity State: ForgetGravity
Window Gravity State: NorthWestGravity
Backing Store State: NotUseful
Save Under State: no
Map State: IsViewable Override Redirect State: no
Corners: +0+0 -0+0 -0-0 +0-0
-geometry 1280x1024+0+0

xwininfo: Please select the window about which you
would like information by clicking the
mouse in that window.

xwininfo: Window id: 0x580003d "PupDemo"

Absolute upper-left X: 557
Absolute upper-left Y: 72
Relative upper-left X: 0
Relative upper-left Y: 0
Width: 260
Height: 210
Depth: 8
Visual Class: PseudoColor
Border width: 0
Class: InputOutput
Colormap: 0x5800007 (installed)
Bit Gravity State: ForgetGravity
Window Gravity State: NorthWestGravity
Backing Store State: WhenMapped
Save Under State: yes
Map State: IsViewable
Override Redirect State: no
Corners: +557+72 -463+72 -463-742 +557-742
-geometry 260x210+546+39