Re: Changing -visual colormap.....

Dr. T.C. Zhao (zhao@bragg.phys.uwm.edu)
Sat, 11 Jan 1997 00:30:21 -0600

> From: spl@szechuan.ucsd.edu (Steve Lamont)
> The reason is that XForms objects are not separate windows the way
> Widgets generally are. They are just drawn with the X drawing
> functions into the Window that contains the Form. What this
> sacrifices in modularity, it vastly makes up for lower overhead and
> relative speed.
Very good summary of window/object/forms in xforms.

If I were to re-do xforms all over again, I probably will take the
"seperate window" approach. Current scheme does run faster with
small overhead, but everyone is getting more computing power these
days, there will come to a point where speed gain does
not mean much. With subwindows, the internal code will be
much simplified ...