Re: X widget

Carnage (S566@aacci.aacc.cc.md.us)
Tue, 14 Jan 1997 14:30:06 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 14 Jan 1997, Steve Lamont wrote:
> I strongly disrecommend mixing the two. What's in your Widget that
> can't be done in XForms (or, conversely, what's in XForms that can't
> be done in your Widget set)?

Hmm ... one thing I would like to use with XForms is the OffiX
Drag and Drop protocol. 'Tho, according to the OffiX home page, the next
version of DnD will be XLib based instead of Xt, the current version is Xt
based and thus requires Xt. Actually, you can make a non-Xt based X app
as a "drop site", but according to the OffiX docs, it's a bit more
difficult making a non-Xt based X app a drag source.

Arcadio Alivio Sincero, Jr.
Undergraduate Computer Science Major/Linux Enthusiast/Competitive Bodybuilder
email: S566@aacci.aacc.cc.md.us
WWW: /cgi-bin/exit-to?http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/5181

"Bare feet magnetize sharp metal objects so they point upward from the floor,
especially in the dark."