Re: fdesign: can't resolve symbol 'snprintf'

Orlando Andico (orly@gibson.eee.upd.edu.ph)
Sat, 1 Feb 1997 14:30:33 +0800 (GMT)

On Fri, 31 Jan 1997, Rick Cook wrote:

> I upgraded to version 0.84 a few days ago. Now when I attempt to use fdesign,
> I get the message:
>
> fdesign: can't resolve symbol 'snprintf'

A lot of people seem to have this problem with the Linux-ELF version, and
AFAIK the interim solution is to use the AOUT version. I use the ELF
version with no problems whatsoever, _but_ I am using a libc which I built
myself (it's libc-5.3.12 with NYS and thread support). So I suppose if you
really want to go to the trouble, build your own libc :)

| Orlando Andico email: orly@gibson.eee.upd.edu.ph |
| IRC Lab/EE Dept/UP Diliman http://gibson.eee.upd.edu.ph/~orly |
| "through adventure we are not adventuresome" -- 10000 Maniacs |