Re: V0.84 Fix3 available now

Dr. T.C. Zhao (zhao@bragg.phys.uwm.edu)
Fri, 7 Feb 1997 01:07:00 -0600

From: Christian Lorenz <100.5078@germanynet.de>
>1. changes Where's the file which documents the last changes?
in Changes. It documents the changes since V0.81. Small
changes for different fixelvels are not specifically
documented.

>2. input focus
> The TAB key moves the focus inside a form but it doesn't work
> when the focus is on a multiline input field.
TAB is a legitimate input character (although not handled
at the moment) for multiline input field thus can't be used to switch focus.

> BTW: the actual focused object should be marked (eg. by an
> additional frame, ...) - currently only input objects are marked
> with their 2nd color.
I don't understand what you meant by focus object here. If you're
talking about the Motif behavior putting a dark frame on the
last button touched, forget it, I hate that.

> BTW^2: when an input field gets the focus, the complete text in this
> field should be selected (fl_set_input_selected).
Why ?

>3. browsers (general)
> I am still missing the buttons at the end of browser sliders for
> "one row up", "one row down", "one column left", and "one column
> right".
on my to-do list. Adding two buttons to get the functionality
is trivial in V0.84 for me to do, but they don't look right
with the current slider. It will get done soon.

>4. browsers (general)
> When clicking above or below the slider handle, the contents of
> the slider should only move one page up resp. down, instead of
> jumping over (a possible big) distance.
Good idea. I'll add it to my to-do list.

>5. input fields
>visible field and the contents is selected with the
> fl_set_input_selected() function, the selection is drawn to wide.
sounds like a bug.
> It is also not possible to select the entire contents using the
> mouse.
triple click ?

>6. buttons The underscore (_) for shortcuts is STILL missing.
Have no clue why this is happening. On all the systems
I have access to, this is not a problem. If anyone has
this problem (linux only?), I'd like to know the system configuration
info (OS version, libc, gcc).

>7. fdesign
> Why is it not possible to change the objclass of an object
No particular reason, just not implemented. Compared with
other things that need to be done, I don't think
this is a high priority item. Afterall, changing
the object class is no more than deleting the old and adding
a new one. If you have many to change, just use an editor
to change the .fd files.