Re: external filters in fdesign

Dr. T.C. Zhao (zhao@bragg.phys.uwm.edu)
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 22:19:26 -0600

From: Anke Haeming <A.Haeming@kfa-juelich.de>
> If I call fdesign with -fortran, the filter cannot be found. If
> I call it with the default name -filter fd2fortran, it works.

I (mistakenly) disabled the default filter assignment. It will
be enabled (do you prefer another name for it ?)

>- The filter message log window is also shown, if the log is empty.

The driver uses the return value of the filter to determine
the status of the translation. If the filter returns non-zero
the message log is shown regardless if there are error
messages or not.