Re: Redhat linux

Orlando Andico (orly@gibson.eee.upd.edu.ph)
Fri, 28 Feb 1997 16:33:30 +0800 (GMT)

On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, John Prinos wrote:

> First, I'm using ver 0.75 (soon 0.84)
>
> Is there something I don't know about Redhat linux and XForms?
>
> It seems that the functions within the libforms.a file are not resolved.

Hmm.. are you using RH 4.0/4.1 or an older version?
The XForms download docs (and this list) warn that the Linux/ELF XForms
breaks, so use the AOUT. This is actually a libc problem in older
Linux/ELF distributions (e.g. Slackware96 and older, RedHat 3.0.3 and
older). If you upgrade your libc, the "unresolved sprintf" (or something
like that) goes away.

I'm currently using XForms 0.84.3 ELF under RedHat 4.0 without problems.

| Orlando Andico email: orly@gibson.eee.upd.edu.ph |
| IRC Lab/EE Dept/UP Diliman http://gibson.eee.upd.edu.ph/~orly |
| "through adventure we are not adventuresome" -- 10000 Maniacs |