Re: Text editing...

Frank Stefani (EAD-Frank.Stefani@t-online.de)
Wed, 05 Mar 1997 09:06:51 +0100

Antoine Fortier wrote:

> I'm trying to make a 'text editor' like application with Xforms,
> I'm wondering if someone have already made this or if someone have
> an idea of how to make this.

Try a look at 'lyx' (Lyrix) which is available for Linux in
source and is entirely written with xforms. It's a nearly WYSIWYG
textprocessor that serves as a frontend to LaTeX.

Additionally, without having thought too much about it, you could
perhaps take a browser as starting point. Browsers allow you to
insert text in various ways, even various fonts and colors. Next,
you will have to intercept keystrokes to control the behaviour
with callback functions. Scrolling is already implemented, word
wrapping not (as far as I know).

Frank.

      /_____/    /___/     /__ \      EAD-Systeme GmbH
                              \ \     Nachfeldstr. 4
     /__/      /______/   /           D-82490 Farchant, Germany
                          ____/ /     Phone: +49 8821 9623-0
    /______/  /_/   /_/  /_____/      Fax: +49 8821 9623-20
Email: <EAD-Frank.Stefani@t-online.de>

_________________________________________________ To unsubscribe, send the message "unsubscribe" to xforms-request@bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil or see http://bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil/mailserv/xforms.html Xforms Home Page: http://bragg.phys.uwm.edu/xforms List Archive: http://bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil/mailserv/list-archives/xforms-archive/