Re: Text editing...

Antoine Fortier (fortier@robot.ireq.ca)
Wed, 12 Mar 1997 16:44:25 -0500 (EST)

Hi !

On 06-Mar-97 Gennady Sorokopud wrote:
>You might want to check the new version of the widget in xfmail-1.1-alpha
>(ftp://burka.netvision.net.il/pub/xfmail/work/xfmail.tar.gz), it has many bugs
>fixed. The widget itself can be considered only a -beta version, it's not ready
>yet for "general" use as a widget, i just made it work more or less good with
>xfmail. However i'm working on the remaining issues/bug fixes , and really soon
>i'm planning to release it separately and upload to the xforms' contrib area.
>
>As for the error function, i just don't know the name of generic error handling
>function in xforms (TC?). Anyway, this problem can be easily solved.

Thanks again, I put your new widget in my code and it's working fine!

(see that i'm now using xfmail!!!)

I have done some test on your widget and found some specifics bugs, here they
are:

When the width of a text window is smaller than the width of the text,
(so there is a scrollbar) the 'CTRL A' function do not put the cursor home.

Here is what I did to correct this:

old code for 'CTRL A':

--
    case ctrl('A'):
        if (spec->leftcol) {

new code:

--
      case ctrl('A'):
        if (spec->leftcol) {
                spec->leftcol = 0;
                fl_textedit_draw_screen(ob);
                fl_textedit_set_hscrollbar(ob);
                           }
        fl_textedit_movecursor(ob, spec->r, 0);
        spec->cpos = 0;
        return;
        break;
--

other bugs:

Sometime, the 'CTRL T' make xfmail crash.

I hope that this will help!!!