Re: XForms distribution

Orlando Andico (orly@gibson.eee.upd.edu.ph)
Tue, 1 Apr 1997 08:11:08 +0800 (GMT)

On Thu, 27 Mar 1997, Steve Lamont wrote:

> This information is already in the library. Use the `ident' command:
>
> The library:
>
> spl> ident /usr/local/lib/libforms.a
> /usr/local/lib/libforms.a:
> $State: Beta $
> $Revision: 0.86 $
> $Date: 1997/03/22 06:04:08 $

uhm.. I meant in the _shared_ library.. at least on Linux (and SunOS, the
shared-library model in Linux is based on that..) if the version numbering
is set up like I mentioned, /sbin/ldconfig should automagically produce a
symlink from libforms.so to libforms.so.x.y, and all my apps "link" to
libforms.so and changing versions won't upset them too much..

as it is, whenever i change versions (and those've been common lately) i
have to relink everything. not everyone uses static libraries actually (i
try to avoid it) but relinking and stuff is not particularly convenient
for software that's gonna be binary-distributed freeware..

cheers!

p.s. i noticed the new fl_show_question() in 0.86, and among other things,
it breaks LyX (ack..) anyways, i can't remember exactly, but
fl_show_question() and company pop up the form over the mouse. i think
they were screen-centered before, how do i get that old behavior back?
i've written a CDE-emulating front panel using XForms and it sits at the
bottom of the screen, and popping up an fl_show_question() shows it half
off the screen...