Re: Bug in browser (right allignment)

Frank van Beek (frank@neogeo.nl)
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 10:29:54 -0600

<zhao@bragg.phys.uwm.edu> :

> From: "Frank van Beek" <frank@neogeo.nl>
>
> >I've been trying to get lines to be right alligned in a browser. These lines
> >are rather long so they are clipped.
>
> Given horizontal scrollbars and long lines, this is
> an interesting problem. I will try to fix this,
> but not really sure if various alighments are
> useful when the lines are longer than the browser
> width.

Let me explain what I'm trying to do.

I've used xforms to create an application to control our render farm. Animators
can cue files they want to render.

These files are listed by their full path. A typical listing would look like
this:

/data/Bakermans.ASML/part1.blend
/data/Bakermans.ASML/part2.blend
/data/Playstation.LostRide/1st.World/scalectrix/1.ele.blend

Using left allignment in a small browser I can choose to see something like
this:

/data/Bakermans.ASML/pa
/data/Bakermans.ASML/pa
/data/Playstation.LostR

or if I scroll completely to the right:

.blend
.blend
/scalectrix/1.ele.blend

What I would like to see is:

ermans.ASML/part1.blend
ermans.ASML/part2.blend
/scalectrix/1.ele.blend

*AND* be able to scroll to the left to see the full path.

Frank.

--
| Frank van Beek          -     NeoGeo Videographics |
| Stratumsedijk 2a        -        5611 ND Eindhoven |