Re: Timers

Nenad Stepanovic (neca@kondor.imp.bg.ac.yu)
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 09:44:06 +0200

Dr. T.C. Zhao wrote:

> demo program timer.c does all of the above and appears
> to work ok on the 4 plaforms I tested. Run that and let me
> know if it doesn't work. If it doesn't (I don't think so),
> please let me know platform/os version.

It was my mistake. Demo program works fine.

I declared timer and counter with the same name. When I initialize timer
just after creation of timer, it starts working. After that, timer is
visible only inside callback attached to it. When I create counter with
the same name, all suspend/resume calls are addresed to counter, not
timer.

It could be nice if you check the type of object before you do something
with it (suspending the counter doesn't have sense, for example).

--
Nenad Stepanovic