Re: Using many displays

Michel=?us-ascii?Q?_Pr=E9vost?= (mprevost@ec.camitel.com)
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 10:30:36 -0400 (EDT)

On 29-Apr-97 Steve Lamont wrote:
nt) :

>> I wonder if you can use many displays (machine1:0.0, machine2:0.0, ...=
) with
>> the XForms library, like calling fl_initialize() as many times as you =
want
>> different displays.
>
>I'm not sure I understand the question but XForms only supports the
>default Display and Screen.
>
>Are you suggesting making connections to separate servers on separate
>machines? I suppose it *might* be done by fiddling with the DISPLAY
>environment variable.
>
>> If not, I think that you should include in the next release.
>
>Agreed.
>
>And I'd like a new Ferrari. Red, please. Delivered to my office. :-)

Hi

What I would like to do, is that, for the same process, to span windows o=
multiple displays. Some software can do it, like xemacs (Frame on other d=
isplay,
from the File menu).

I know it can be done in pure X, but I was wondering if XForms had this a=
bility.

It could be interesting to do it with XForms.

Michel Prevost
Electro-Conception
Qu=E9bec, Canada

mailto:mprevost@ec.camitel.com