XForms: Forking Behaviour (fwd)

Steven Ness (sness@poirot.mmid.ualberta.ca)
Tue, 20 May 1997 11:54:41 -0600 (MDT)

Sorry, fingers hit send too soon... A couple additions and corrections.

I'm using XForms for SGI 0.86 as currently available on the ftp site
(Sun Apr 20 23:11:00 1997) for IRIX 5.3

I was previously using 0.81 not 0.84.

Thanks,

Steven.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 11:38:53 -0600 (MDT)
From: Steven Ness <sness@poirot.mmid.ualberta.ca>
Subject: Forking Behaviour

I'm currently migrating a program from 0.84 to 0.86.1 and I'm noticing
some strange behaviour after I fork off a child process.

I'm executing fl_hide_object and fl_show_object on a FL_NORMAL_BROWSER.
Before forking off a child process, this browser gets hidden and reshown
properly. I'm just filling this browser with lines with
fl_addto_browser, after these addto commands, I have both right side and
bottom scroll bars.

After I fork off a child process, fl_hide_object hides most of the
browser but leaves the right side scroll bar shown (and strange enough, it's
still active, I can drag it up and down).

I'm forking off my child processes with fork().

This behaviour wasn't observed under 0.84.

Is there anything I have to do before executing a fork() call? I'm not
running graphics in the child process.

Thanks for your help,