Re: XForms: 0.86 API changes

Tristan Savatier (tristan@mpegtv.com)
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 22:01:24 -0700

Dr. T.C. Zhao wrote:

> from Tristan Savatier <tristan@mpegtv.com> :
>
> >Also, it would be nice to put a small mark or warning in the manual
> >near each routine whose API or semantics has changed between
> >0.81 and 0.86.
>
> Document with change bars were available during the testing
> period (about 3 or 4 months).

Yes, but for people who don't participate to the testing,
but yet have to port from 0.81 to 0.86, it would be very useful.

Since it is out of the question to read and memorize both
specs to figure out the differences, we must rely on warning
from the compiler.

Unfortunately, in some cases the changes in the API
does not generate compiler warnings.

It would be nice to have an appendix in the 0.86
spec that lists API changes from 0.81.
I understand that writing documentation
is not always high in the priorities, but in this case,
this information would save time to lots of people.

--
Regards, -- Tristan Savatier (President, MpegTV LLC)

MpegTV website: /cgi-bin/exit-to?http://www.mpegtv.com MPEG.ORG website: http://www.mpeg.org _________________________________________________ To unsubscribe, send the message "unsubscribe" to xforms-request@bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil or see http://bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil/mailserv/xforms.html Xforms Home Page: http://bragg.phys.uwm.edu/xforms List Archive: http://bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil/mailserv/list-archives/