Re: XForms: Enhancement suggestions

Kevin L McWhirter (klmcw@crl.com)
Fri, 01 Aug 1997 19:45:55 -0700

> <emmet@indigo.ie> :
>
> John Culleton <john@ccpl.carr.lib.md.us> wrote:
> >
> > This user will settle for more basic things, particularly in the
> > designer. First, I would like to set certain things as defaults. I
> >
> ----snip---snip---
> >
> > tcl/tk). The code is written in c so there is not yet another
> foolish
> > language (YAFL) to learn. But we do need some more flesh on the
> bones.
> >

> At the risk of being branded a Luddite, I believe that a great deal of
>
> care needs to be excercised in the addition of features to fdesign.
> One
> of the things that I, and I suspect many others, like about it is its
> simplicity. It is intuitive and easy to use -- the authors deserve a
> great deal of praise for this alone.
>
> There is a danger of going too far in trying to "be all things to all
> men"
> and winding up with an fdesign that is unwieldy and has so many
> zillion
> features that it stops being a help and becomes a hindrance. That
> being said
> even a behemoth documented at thoroughly as xforms is would retain its
>
> usefulness.

I'll second that motion!! Can anybody say VVD (Vermont Views Designer)
?PLEASE!! Lets not do THAT to fdesign!!

> Finally, I really do wish that people would heed Steve "spl"'s
> repeated
> pleas to cease and desist from sending HTML and multipart-MIME gick to
>
> the list as it restricts the way one can read the mail - try using a
> default
> "mh" to read the list over telnet and there are often messages that
> you
> can't read without going to a great deal of trouble. It may not be my
> place
> to say this, but I had to vent my spleen :-)

We are all adults AND programmers, right?? I prefer HTML formatted
mail. That is MY choice. I use netscape 4.01b6 under Linux 2.0.30 for a
mail client. It's wonderful (finally) !!

--
Kevin L. McWhirter, Programmer | klmcw@crl.com | /cgi-bin/exit-to?http://www.crl.com/~klmcw/
finger $USER | grep `echo putz | tr utpz earl` | sed -n '1,1p' | \

--------------E25C6F2E9B28CED45F5CEDC5 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

  --------------E25C6F2E9B28CED45F5CEDC5-- _________________________________________________ To unsubscribe, send the message "unsubscribe" to xforms-request@bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil or see http://bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil/mailserv/xforms.html Xforms Home Page: http://bragg.phys.uwm.edu/xforms List Archive: http://bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil/mailserv/list-archives/