Re: XForms: Linux question

Trent Piepho (xyzzy@u.washington.edu)
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 10:17:58 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 5 Aug 1997, Marisa Giancarla wrote:
> Dick> and I've come unstuck on trig maths of float type. Can
> Dick> somebody point me to a library of math functions (sin, cos,
> Dick> sqrt, abs etc) for type float on linux (i386).
>
> Dick> Many thanks
>
> Aren't those in libm.a? (-lm)

All the standard libm functions return and take double parameters, not floats.
I know on SGI systems there are sinf, cosf, sqrtf, etc that use floats. I
don't think the linux math libarary has float functions. It has sinl, cosl,
etc that are long doubles (80-bit), but no floats.

|Gazing up to the breeze of the heavens \ on a quest, meaning, reason |
|came to be, how it begun \ all alone in the family of the sun |
|curiosity teasing everyone \ on our home, third stone from the sun. |
|Trent Piepho (xyzzy@u.washington.edu) -- Metallica |