Re: XForms: Pixmaps need callbacks ?

Matthew Flax (flatmax@cse.unsw.EDU.AU)
Sun, 17 Aug 1997 23:05:55 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, Steve Lamont wrote:

> > In EventCallback [events.c 34] Unknown window=0x3400032
> > Ignored Event(12,w=0x3400032 s=664) Expose count=0 serial=298
> > In WMReparent [win.c 443] Shift: reqy=359 y=381
> > In XpmCleanUP [pixmap.c 66] Using 3.4g features--Try again
> > Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x2e0)!
> >
> > Can you see the problem ?
>
> Nope. Not yet.
>
> Can you reduce the problem to a simple example that exhibits the same
> failure mode?

After reducing the problem down to a very short 'c' program, I found no
problem what so ever !!
None the less my problem must be due to the complexity of the c++ heirachy
of project dynamic.

You see I have 2 forms up, one controlling the cd-rom, the other
attempting to show the time code (frames, minutes and seconds). The cd-rom
part forks and updates the time code using a pointer to the time code
class from the forked cd-rom routine. Hence upon forking there are
duplicate time code pointers (this should pose no problem), however there
must be duplicate form library functions in memory or something !!
Hence in effect perhaps when the forked routine tries to point to the
desired time code class, it points a two copies or something ? (I guess
I'll have to work this part out), and hence the async probs. !
My structure involves a base class of c++ conrtol routines and variables
for the objects (cdrom's, time code stuff and so on), in order to
interface to the gui I have added a parent class or interface class. I
guess I'll have to fiddle with pipes !

Matt