Revisited (Re: XForms: problem with post handler)

Tano Fotang (M.Tano@Wirtschaft.FH-Wolfenbuettel.DE)
Mon, 29 Sep 1997 15:13:53 -0700

hallihalllo,
After doubting my sanity for a week, i finally see why posthandlers
in ../FORMS/DEMOS/ seem to work while mine dont. Actaulally, They all
exhibit the same buggy behaviour if one looks long enough.

Dr. T.C. Zhao wrote:
> The purpose of using a timeout is to trigger the tooltip
> only after a specific time has elapsed. You can try xyplotall
> to see oneliner working.

1. DEMOS/preemptive.c
change the timeout from 800 to something smaller, say 100.
Now move the mouse quickly into and out of one of the buttons that
displays a oneliner. You get the warning:
"xforms error/hiding invisibl form" etc, and then a segmentation
violation.
2. DEMOS/xyplotall.c
(i have forgotten the mail i composed at home..ad lib now)
change event type for which tipper is displayed to FL_ENTER,
and the event type for which oneliner is hidden, to FL_LEAVE || FL_PUSH.

Immediately mouse enters a plot area, the "hiding invisible form" errors
appear evrywhere and program gives up the ghost a few mouse motions
later (freeing NULL form etc).
For now, the only solution i have is to use very long timeouts (> 1
sec)!

Tano Fotang. xforms 0.87(.2), linux 1.2.13.

hi,
The post handlers of version 0.86.1 and 0.87 seem to crash the
application with the warnng:
Xforms error: hiding invisible form.
[exit] [hide errors] [continue] .. or somethin to that effect.
This happens each time a oneliner is shown and the mouse is moved
on to another button. Applications that ran well with older xforms
versions crash when using the posthandler with 0.86.1 and 0.87.
I note that xforms/DEMOS/preemptive.c now uses a timeout. I have,
therefore, tried using timeouts too, but the crashes dont disappear
unless timeout is atleast 1 second. Even then, the error did occur once
in about 30 tests.