Re: XForms: setting mouse cursor (angain.. sorry)

KUBINSZKY Ferenc (kubi18@eik.bme.hu)
Wed, 1 Oct 1997 14:38:34 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 30 Sep 1997, Steve Lamont wrote:

> The cursorfont cursors are available using the XForms fl_set_cursor()
> routine. How are you "building" the cursors? In a little test
> program that simply calls fl_set_cursor() I was able to cycle through
> all of the font cursors multiple times with no ill effects.

I used the built in cursors too. It was a simple test program, with
xforms 0.86 under Linux 2.0.29 (Xfree86 v 3.3) on my 486 DLC, and on an
Ultra Enterprise 4000 with Sun OS 5.5.1.
My program called the fl_set_cursor() function, and caught the warning
message, after setting the no.64 built in cursor.Here is the source :

static int my_curs=0;
switch (event) {
case FL_ENTER:
fl_set_cursor(FL_ObjWin(ob),my_curs);
XFlush(fl_get_display());
fprintf(stderr,"Cursor : %d\n",my_curs);
my_curs+=2;
if (my_curs>150) my_curs=0;
break;
}

My other problem was that when I logged in to the Sparc directly from XDM
menu : pressing the mouse button generated FL_LEAVE,FL_ENTER,FL_DOWN...
But on my own machine, and when I rlogin to the Sparc it didn't send the
FL_LEAVE and FL_ENTER. I think this is the normal operation, isn't it?

> fl_get_cursor_byname() (at least I didn't find it in my 0.87.2
> manual's index anywhere that seemed reasonable to look). It will

Wow ! Where could I find the 0.87.2 ? I only found 0.81 and 0.86.

Kubinszky Ferenc, kubi18@goliat.eik.bme.hu