Re: XForms: working with forms

John Prinos (t47851@perf2.dehavilland.ca)
Mon, 27 Oct 1997 11:28:28 -0500

On Oct 27, 5:39am, Steve Lamont wrote:
> Subject: Re: XForms: working with forms
>
> > How can I force my program to wait for an action on an arbitrary form
before
> > continuing in the same way. ie. not going through fl_do_forms and then a
> > callback.
> >
> If you feel it necessary, you can call fl_do_forms() from within the
> code for your special form -- there's no prohibition from doing so.
> In fact, as I have mentioned before, most of the Goodies do this, to
> the best of my knowledge.
>
>-- End of excerpt from Steve Lamont

I'm trying this right now. How do I force the program to continue past the
point where the new/local fl_do_forms() sits?

Right now, the code application seems to go right back to fl_do_forms
without completing the rest of the code.

Here's the specific routine:
/************************************************************************/
int fill_browser_timeslice_data(long TIME_SLICES, char *TIMESLICE_START, char
*TIMESLICE_STOP)
{

int line_number;
char browser_line[81]="";
int true=0;

for(line_number = 0; line_number < (int)TIME_SLICES; line_number++)
{
stuff...
}

fl_show_form( fd_Time_Slices->Time_Slices, FL_PLACE_CENTER, FL_FULLBORDER,
"Choose a Time Slice" );

fl_do_forms();

return(1);

}