Re: XForms: Pixmaps being slow...

Jeff Pierce (piercej@preferred.com)
Thu, 06 Nov 1997 09:07:01 -0500

Jathan W. Manley wrote:

> Steve,
> Thanks for the input. Could I convert my xpm's to Pixmaps with
> fl_create_from pixmapdata(...)
> then use fl_set_pixmapbutton_pixmap(FL_OBJECT *, Pixmap id, Pixmap mask)
> to do about the same thing. I presume this would be a better approach.
>
> TIA,
> Jathan Manley

If you are changing the pixmaps in your application I would assign all
the pixmaps I could to Pixmap types. In my app to control a radio I
display the frequency as pixmaps resembling LED digits, ten in all. I
create an array of ten Pixmaps and init them with fl_read_pixmapfile(),
fl_read_pixmapdata() is also available. I use .xpm files because I was
always changing the pixmaps to diferrent styles/colors.

Then when a digit needs to be changed I simply use
fl_set_pixmap_pixmap() to change the pixmap.

This way the pixmaps were always ready to be displayed and do not have
to be converted from xpm data format.

Jeff Pierce, wd4nmq
piercej@preferred.com