Re: XForms: fdesign(87.5):alignment,sizing problems

T.C. Zhao (zhao@bloch.phys.uwm.edu)
Sat, 8 Nov 1997 01:57:01 -0600

On Nov 7, 11:50am, Ivan Powis wrote:

> First, although the counter on the alignment form now remembers any
> value set in a previous session, the non-default value shown in the
> counter does not actually appear to be the one in effect when fdesign
> starts up ie as best I can tell its actually using the default of 10
Yes, a misplaced initialization of the snapsize undid
the settings in the .fd file. Fixed.

> Secondly, I have encountered the mysterious 'form resizing bug' in a
> multi-form fd project -
> _if_ the alignment value is set less than 5 when I make the
> switch. Some interaction between the window manager and the alignment
> setting giving this problem?
This is a problem I've been watching, but never managed to
reproduce it. The alignment link may give me something to
start with.

> The third point is more just an observation on a potential problem. I
> notice that using the menu initialisation feature now in fdesign
> causes it to generate a static FL_PUP_ENTRY array to hold the
> initialisation with a name which appears to be generated by prepending
> menu_ to the menu label. Now if in a multi-form fdesign project there
> are two or more forms each having a menu with the same label (eg File,
> Help, Options ...) this will lead to conflicting declarations of the
> FL_PUP_ENTRY arrays (menu_File[] menu_Help[] menu_Options[] ...).
Good point. It will be fixed.