Re: XForms: XForms crashing with Irix6.4

Renato Pajarola (pajarola@inf.ethz.ch)
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 16:51:52 +0100

Steve Lamont wrote:

>:
>
> > The following statement causes troubles, only under IRIX6.4,
> > not under IRIX6.3, 6.2 or even 5.3:
> >
> > fl_addto_selected_xevent(winID,KeyPressMask | ButtonReleaseMask |
> > ButtonPressMask | PointerMotionMask );
> >
> > The error output is:
> >
> > X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
> > Major opcode of failed request: 3 (X_GetWindowAttributes)
> > Resource id in failed request: 0x600627d0
>
> Hm. This doesn't look like a Window ID to me (though I suppose it
> could be). How are you getting `winID'? It may be that whatever is
> giving it to you is giving you a bogus answer for some reason.
>
> spl

Yes that might be the problem, I'm using Performer and there the
winID = pw->getWSWindow(); construct to get the window id from
a pfPipeWindow. In one of the tests I found winID == 0, that's certainly
not very accurate, isn't it?

Do you know Performer and what might be the problem here?

Best regards
Renato B. Pajarola

Research Assistant _/_/_/_/_/_/_/ _/
Theoretical Computer Science _/_/ _/ _/_/_/
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) _/_/_/ _/ _/ _/
ETH-Zentrum, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland

phone: +41 (0)1 632 74 02 email: pajarola@inf.ethz.ch
fax: +41 (0)1 632 13 99 www: www.inf.ethz.ch/personal/pajarola/