Re: XForms: small fix for multiline labels needed

Tristan Savatier (tristan@mpegtv.com)
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 04:06:32 -0800

Michal Szymanski wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I've noticed small bug in multiline labels (e.g. of the INPUT object).
> It seems as if every "\n" in the label was changed internally to a
> space. All but the last line of the label get shifted a bit to the left
> and are not vertically aligned with the last line unless I explicitely add
> one space at the very end of the label. It is not a big deal, but looks
> a bit inelegantly, especially if one has many aligned input objects
> (some of them having only one-line labels).

It looks very much related to the HP bug where the \n is shown as a
black
rectangle with some versions of Xforms on HP-UX.

In my opinion, embeded \n should not be drawn at all, even if the
corresponding glyph is generally like a space, it is not
"invisible" (it may have a width!).

-t