Re: XForms: How to do a multicolumn browser window?

l. guglielmi (Laurent.Guglielmi@cdf.in2p3.fr)
Fri, 23 Jan 1998 09:45:27 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Jamieson M. Cobleigh wrote:

> 2) Use several browser windows, one for each column. Make only one
> have a vertical scrollbar and "link" them together with creative use of
> pre-emptive and post object handlers. This seems to be a more elegant
> solution, since xforms will take care of horizontal scrolling of each
> column if necessary, it becomes much easier to extract/alter the data of
> one column, and I don't have to use a fixed width font. Unfortunately,
> the xforms coding becomes more complicated.

That's exactly what i have done in an application, except that the
srollbar is an object by itself. The code is not _that_ complicated,
basically it's just a loop over the browsers.

L.Guglielmi

Laurent Guglielmi e-mail: Laurent.Guglielmi@cdf.in2p3.fr
Laboratoire de Physique Corpusculaire
et Cosmologie tel: (+33 1) 44.27.15.39
College de France fax: (+33 1) 43.54.69.89
11 pl. Marcelin Berthelot
75231 Paris Cedex 5
France