Re: XForms: xforms rpm in RedHat PowerTools: fdesign is a directory

Chris Worley (cworley@altatech.com)
Sat, 24 Jan 1998 15:31:05 -0700

Martin Bartlett wrote:
> I don't think TDr Zhao maintains the RPM. I think its Red Hat that does -
> tell them.

OK, I'll tell them, but I don't think they have the source to make an executible
that works, either.

Even the .tgz from the Xforms ftp site
(ftp://bragg.phys.uwm.edu/pub/xforms/linux-alpha/bxform-088.tgz) doesn't work
(is marked as an executible but the system can't recognize it).

> On Tue, 20 Jan 1998, Christian Worley wrote:

> > In the PowerTools CD for RedHat 5.0, after installing "xforms*",
> > "fdesign" is an empty directory. This is true for both the Intel and

I was wrong here.. it is a regular executable file... it just is in an
unrecognized format.