Re: XForms: resizing a form

Trent Piepho (xyzzy@u.washington.edu)
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 16:27:15 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Steve Lamont wrote:

> > I still want the user the be able to resize the form normally.
> > Thinking up a name for every single object in the form so I can call
> > fl_set_object_resize on all of them isn't a very pleasant
> > proposition.
>
> Then do it in fdesign.

In order to get this to work, I have to set every object's resize to
RESIZE_NONE, and both gravities to FL_North. After doing that, it works ok.
This isn't the problem.

The problem is that after doing the above, the form is un-resizable. The only
way to make it resizable again is to change all the gravity and resize
properties one by one back to their original values. This is the part I want
to avoid, for obvious reasons.

If there was some function, say resize_form_win, which would alter the size of
the top level form window, and not touch the objects in the form in any way,
this would be easy. I imagine there is an internal forms library function
which does just this.

|Gazing up to the breeze of the heavens \ on a quest, meaning, reason |
|came to be, how it begun \ all alone in the family of the sun |
|curiosity teasing everyone \ on our home, third stone from the sun. |
|Trent Piepho (xyzzy@u.washington.edu) -- Metallica |