Re: XForms: Invisible button

Rob (robin@cs.curtin.edu.au)
Thu, 05 Feb 1998 08:21:04 +0800

Steve Lamont wrote:

> > I've just added a button to a form and when the application starts the
> > button does not appear immediately as it should, but it gets drawn if I
> > run the mouse over it.
> >
> > Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?
>
> Is the button partially obscured with some other object? How is the
> button added? Are you adding it programatically or did you just add
> it with `fdesign' in the usual fashion.

I added the button using fdesign in the usual way, and it isn't obscured
by any other object. I've been experimenting and it seems that
*anything* I add now doesn't get drawn immediately, and some only get
drawn partially when the mouse goes over them. E.g., the 'handle' of a
slider will get drawn but not the down box part of it.

This behaviour has only started occuring since I upgraded to vers 0.88
(SGI 5.3) and is only apparent on the main form. I've added a popup
form under vers 0.88 with buttons etc and that seems to be working
normally.

Any ideas?
Rob

--