Re: XForms: C++

Julian Esteves (julian@ce.fciencias.unam.mx)
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 11:08:31 -0600 (CST)

You must use *static* methods as callbacks. You must realise
that because of this you can't reference the `this' pointer
from these methods. To reference the `this' pointer you have to
"store" it in the u_vdata part of the objects, this way:

class myclass
{

static void myobjectcallback(FL_OBJECT *, long);
void buildgui(void);

};

void myclass::myobjectcallback(FL_OBJECT *object, long data)
{
// retrieve `this'
myclass *This = (myclass *) object -> u_vdata;

}

void myclass::buildgui(void)
{

FL_OBJECT *myobject;

myobject = fl_add_<something>(...)
fl_set_object_callback(myobject, myobjectcallback, 0);
myobject -> u_vdata = (void *) this;

}