Re: XForms: Problem with Threads and ACE

Tristan Savatier (tristan@mpegtv.com)
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 12:21:27 -0800

Joerg Kuempel wrote:

> Hello !
>
> I have a problem with using the XForms library (Ver 0.88) together with the
> linuxthreads library (-lpthreads, VER 0.6) and the ACE library (-lACE VER 4.3).
>
> Whenever I link the compiled objects together using either the
> library -lpthreads OR the library -lACE, the executable will produce a core dump
> or the following error message:
>
> >> XIO: fatal IO error 0 (Success) on X server ":0.0"
> >> after 223 requests (222 known processed) with 3 events remaining.

Take a look at:

ftp://ftp.mpegtv.com/pub/mpeg/mpegtv/sdk/x86-unknown-linux/README.linuxthreads-mpegtv

and

ftp://ftp.mpegtv.com/pub/mpeg/mpegtv/sdk/x86-unknown-linux/linuxthreads-mpegtv-0.71-src.tgz

NOTE: If you want to use threads and X with linuxthreads,
make sure that:

1) all the Xlib and Xforms calls are done from the main thread

2) you use the patched version of the library (linuxthreads-mpegtv-0.71)

-t