XForms: Re: Xforms4Perl: Problems starting it

Martin Bartlett (martin@nitram.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 10:06:20 +0000 (/etc/localtime)

Does Xforms.so live in a directory known to ldconfig or in the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting? Are you using an RPM of Xforms4Perl or did you
compile from the tar file?

Martin

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, Eyermann Horst PN KE DP T 11 wrote:

> Hi,
> I started programming in perl, and as I wanted to have some nice GUI, I
> had a look around, and found XForms, and Xforms4perl.
> I installed xform 0.88 (linux binary distribution)
> and Xform4Perl 0.8.4
>
> XDesigner and the XForm demos do work fine, as far as I tested them.
> However when I try to run the perl demos, I get the following
> errormessage:
>
> perl: can't resolve symbol 'fl_...'
> # where fl_... are MANY names which can't be loaded
> Can't load '/usr/lib/perl5/i586-linux/auto/X11/Xform/Xform.so' for
> X11:forms
>
> however Xform.so exists (as mentioned in Dynloader)
>
> any help in getting the started all right would be appreciated.
>

> THanks,
>
> Horst

_/ _/_/ _/_/_/_/ Martin John Bartlett
_/ _/ _/ _/ (martin@nitram.demon.co.uk)