Re: XForms: fdesign failure on MI/X server

Gary Cowell (gary@mickley.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 25 Apr 1998 07:54:14 GMT

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998 08:10:29 +0300 (EET DST), Giorgos Petasis
<petasis@iit.nrcps.ariadne-t.gr> wrote:

>This question is a little xforms-unrelated, and i am sorry for that...
>I also use the MIX Server on Win95 sometimes, without having any problem
>with fdesign (xforms version 0.88.1), or any other X application. What i=
wanted
>to ask is, if you can give some pointers to other free X Servers for =
Windows,
>especially the ones you have tested with xforms. ( The reason that i =
want to=20
>test other servers, is that at least on my machine the MIX Server =
"thinks" that
>the visual depth is 24 bit, while it is 16 bit, causing X applications =
that=20
>allocate many colors (as they think its a 24-bit display) to crash....
>Thanks,
>gpp.

Micro-X Win32 seems to work very well. It is not free however. You
can download a trial to se if it works.

AFAIK MI/X is the only truly free server out there. Unless someone
knows different.
--=20
QI'HoS (Kirosh) KLI #H1026
http://www.mickley.demon.co.uk