Re: XForms: XFORMS: Problem trying a static compilation

Stefano Incontri (stefano.in@iol.it)
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 15:47:58 +0200

Vicentini Emanuele wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I usually use Xforms 0.88.1 on a Linux box (kernel 2.0.29) with
> gcc 2.7.2.1 I don't have any problem compiling with elf libraries, but
> when I try to compile against the static libraries I consistently get
> "undefined module" messages. I thougth it was due to X11 library, but I
> have it on my home system and it seems to me that those modules compiler
> complains about are there.
>
> Someone knows how to help me?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Emanuele.

Ciao!

Scrivo in inglese cosl che anche gli altri membri della lista possano
capire.

I had the same problem. When I try to link an XForms program statically
(with the -static linker option), i receive an 'undefined reference to
'fl_function'' for each XForms function I use in the program.
This happen also under Win95 system.
My purpose is create an executable statically linked, which can be
executed even without libforms.a library.

P.S.: Where did you download version 0.88.1? The main ftp site is slow,
and the other doesn't have the new lib. Maybe you used an italian (or
near to Italy) ftp mirror?
Thank you!