Re: XForms: From 0.61 to 0.81

From: Steve Lamont (spl@szechuan.ucsd.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 09:26:09 EST

    > I have to translate a big program from the 0.61 to 0.81 XForms
    > Version.

    You should probably get 0.89 -- 0.81 is quite old and has some
    signficant bugs, if I recall correctly.

    > In order to help the translation, is it possible :
    >
    > 1) to get a list of the procedures that have changed ?

    Hm. I don't know if there's a cumulative change list going back that
    far. I can say that the API has remained quite consistent over the
    time that TC has been managing the project. I just looked at the
    header file for the old SGI GL version and it looks quite similar.
    Mostly, features have been added.

    I don't recall -- is 0.61 an X based or GL based version? If it's X
    based, then the changes are relatively small and obvious.

    > 2) to get precisions about the different changes that are to be
    > done in the C code ?

    If you have 0.61 installed somewhere, the best thing to do is to
    compare the headers.

    > 3) to get an automatic translator ?

    I don't think there is such a thing but you may not need one. Have
    you tried building? It may work better than you expect.

                                                            spl