Re: XForms: quitting a program

From: Steve Lamont (spl@szechuan.ucsd.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 09:54:40 EST

    > Thanx, I tried this once and didn't succeed then so I continued
    > working on other parts of the program. I've just tried it again and
    > now given the experience I've gained in the meanwhile using the
    > library I've succeeded in getting it to work.

    Back long ago when I was first learning C programming I had a heck of
    a time with, of all things, the open() function -- I could not get it
    to work properly or as I expected. I somehow kluged around opening
    files and went on with the project. When I came back to it, I
    reimplemented what I thought was the same code and, lo and behold, it
    worked with no problem. Since then I've always had a theory that
    applications, libraries, and programming languages somehow "know" when
    you're a neophyte to them and will actively do things to thwart you. :-)

                                                            spl