Re: XForms: timers

From: Danny G. Holstein (danny@holstein.tritonetd.com)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 11:50:53 EDT

    On 03-Apr-00 Steve Lamont wrote:
    ># :
    >
    >> It seems as if the timer callbacks are disabled when my main program calls
    >> sleep(seconds), is that by design? Is there a workaround?
    >
    > *Everything* is disabled when you enter a system call that blocks.
    > You've siezed control of the CPU and handed it over to the system.
    > XForms can only dispatch callbacks when it has control.
    >
    > Why are you calling sleep()? Can't you use a timeout instead?

    Because, I don't want to use a callback. I'm processing a device with a long
    age process and want to update the parameters screen and check for faults on
    a short interval (handled by timers) but want to log the results and increase
    the load on a much longer interval, my sleep() command is part of this slower
    loop and I want the execution to stay within that loop. An fl_sleep() function
    that allows the callbacks to work and returns to the calling function would
    make my life easier. I've got a work-around where I loop and count off the
    time I need.

       ...Dan