XForms: window geometry settings

From: Jan Menzel (jmenzel@mail.desy.de)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 03:49:59 EDT

    Hello all,
            still working on a multi-window application, I have recently
    discovered some inconsistentis in XFroms:
    - fl_set_form_position does not set the position correct for the _first_
      form. On every following form it does. Using WindowMaker 0.62.1 on
      glibc2.0 Linux the offset is about 1pixel in x and 13pixels in y.
    - fl_set_form_position seems to moves the form to an other position if the
      form is already opened. fl_set_form_position(); fl_show_form(); seems
      to be not the same as if exchanged.
    - FL_PLACE_*: it seems that there are some unmentioned features in XFroms:
      restoring a windows geometry and displaying it then with scalable size
      is - at least according to the manual - not possible. FL_PLACE_GEOMETRY
      | FL_PLACE_FREE or FL_PLACE_GEOMETRY | FL_SIZE_FREE does not work. But
      FL_PLACE_POSITION does it. I would suggest makeing place in
      fl_show_form() a ored list of a FL_PLACE_* argument describing how to
      place the window and FL_SIZE_* describing how the window can be resized.

            Cheers Jan