Re: XForms: different types

From: T.C. Zhao (tc_zhao@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat May 20 2000 - 19:43:52 EDT

    These inconsistencies are mostly due to historic reasons.
    Back a few year ago, some C++ compilers (HP and others)
    *always* promote float to doubles, even with prototypes
    that want floats. There was no way to workaround this
    except to make the function take doubles, but at the
    same time, I didn't really want to change the inards to
    work in doubles (double is slow on intel processors, and
    the speed of the processor was nowhere close to 4 digits,
    a three digit (100Mhz) was a fast processor). Fortunately,
    using floats for everything should work out ok.