XForms: Chinese fonts

From: Eduardo Lluna (elluna@saincotrafico.com)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 12:47:51 EDT

    Hello:

    I'm trying to show chinese texts using xforms and I am not able to do.

    I have the fonts on my system, I load the font with:

         fl_set_font_name(16,
                "-isas-fangsong ti-medium-r-normal--0-0-?-72-c-0-gb2312.1980-0");

    The functions returns 0, that means ok. Then I change the font used in
    some labels to 16 (the number of the chinese loaded font). Then the labels
    disappear. I can not see any of the label texts. The chinese strings are
    ok using the gb2312 font (I can read them with netscape).

    I've tried the same procedure with greek and cyrillic fonts and works, I'm
    not sure, but maybe the problem is that chinese fonts are two byte
    character fonts.

    Is there anyone using chinese on xforms? It's possible to use?

    Regards,

    Eduardo