Re: XForms: remove button in form

From: Serge B Bromow (serge@omensys.com)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 03:12:35 EDT

    Rajaram Kaliyaperumal wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > In the form, I need to remove the top left corner button. How to do it
    > without use FL_NOBORDER in show form command. I need to use FL_TRANSIENT in
    > show form without using top left corner button.
    >
    > (i.e)
    > fl_show_form(form_name,FL_PLACE_CENTER,FL_TRANSIENT," ");
    > what is this show, where I need to remove top left corner button.
    >
    > Please any one help me
    >
    > regards
    >
    > raj

    Hi Raj

    The Upper Left Hand corner button that you refer to belongs
    to your window manager, not Xforms. The window manager
    decorations (buttons) may be changed/removed by editing your
    .Xdefaults file in your home directory.

    Your WM will be different then mine, but here is an example
    that you might play with to alter the characteristics of your WM's
    effect on a program.

    1st Field: My WM is called Pmwm. (yours is something else.)
    2nd Field: The program I want to change decorations for is "xclock".
    3rd Field: Tells the WM that the changes apply to a specific program.
    4th Field: Tells the WM to remove the maximize button.
                      (the negative sign is required only for the first argument it is assumed for
    all others)
    5th Filed: Tells the WM to remove the minimize button.
    6th Field: Tell the WM to remove the menu button.
                      (This is the button you are most likely referring to)
    7th Field: Tells the WM to remove the title line.
                       (This line alone will remove all of the buttons, since the other buttons
                        are part of the title line)

    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7
    Pmwm*Xclock*clientDecoration: -maximize minimize menu title

    Replace the fields with the WM, PROGRAM and other names that your WM
    require of poof!! it should work.

    Note: These changes only take effect when you restart your Window Manager.
    So once you have changed the .Xdefaults file, restart your WM to see the
    effect of your changes.

    Hope this helps

    Serge B B