Re: XForms: Getting a disabled pixmapbutton stippled. [and a new question]

From: Jean-Marc Lasgouttes (Jean-Marc.Lasgouttes@inria.fr)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 06:28:53 EDT

    Steve> Again, I'm shooting from the hip here, but it seems to me that
    Steve> you may be half way there if you're already using transparent
    Steve> background. Just create a stippled mask and swap it in. I'll
    Steve> bet that'll do exactly what you want.

    Yes, but I do not know anything about that. I thought the purpose of
    xforms was to it for me :) [having disabled pimapbutton somewhat
    greyed out is reasonable, since text buttons are]

    OK, a new question now: I rewrote the menu code in LyX and have a
    problem. LyX has a main form which contains the menu bar (just a bunch
    of buttons) the toolbar and the rest. When the for has been alreay
    constructed and I want to change the menubar, I do something like

         fl_addto_form(form);
         fl_freeze_form(form);
         [delete all buttons]
         [add the new ones]
         fl_unfreeze_form(form);
         fl_end_form();

    However, it turns out that the buttons show up without their
    shortcuts, but the shortcuts reappear if I move the mouse over the
    buttons. Could you see a reason for that?

    In fact, it seems that, whenever I do a fl_redraw_form(form), the
    shortcuts disappear.

    I'm using xforms 0.88.

    JMarc