Re: XForms: xforms internal crash

From: Trent Piepho (xyzzy@speakeasy.org)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 18:23:13 EDT

    On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Steve Lamont wrote:
    > > You need to take the window that appears and move it around a bit to get the
    > > crash. Clicking a mouse button repeatedly, or holding down a key, in the
    > > window seems to work too. It seems like generating a bunch of events is all
    > > that is necessary.
    >

    > Refer to the manual section on "Dealing with Multiple Windows" for
    > details.

    Thank you, I hadn't thought that section of the manual relevant to me, but
    that makes it quite clear what the problem was. I take it I could also call
    fl_set_event_callback(do_nothing_function), and I would not have to worry
    about fl_do_forms() returning an FL_EVENT.

    I had registered event callbacks with fl_add_event_callback(), so that
    removing them from the queue with fl_XNextEvent() wasn't necessary. But, one
    of the events I registered was ConfigureNotify, and the mask that selects that
    event also selects other events like MapNotify, which I didn't have callbacks
    for. So, eventually, my application would crash for no apparent reason.