XForms: Colors problem under Linux

From: Michael John Holme (M.Holme@doc.mmu.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 04:38:36 EDT

    Hi,

       I have an xforms application which works fine on our Silicon Graphics workstations but under Linux
    the colours behave strangely. The following error message was generated, "Failed to share colors.
    Using private colormap". The application which should be several grays was displayed as blues and greens.
    Also, if the title bar is clicked on the colours revert back to the correct ones (grays) but the Gnome (Linux)
    environment is messed up instead. Icons go black for example.

    Hope this makes sense, does anybody have any idea what the fix might be ?

    Thanks very much,

    Mike Holme