Re: XForms: signal callback blocked by shortcut

From: Jan Menzel (jmenzel@mail.desy.de)
Date: Thu Nov 23 2000 - 14:13:03 EST

    On Wed, 22 Nov 2000, Steve Lamont wrote:

    > > on my application i'm using fl_add_signal_callback() to register a
    > > 50Hz timer callback which should be able changing the gui. Doing gui
    > > interaction works all fine without larger delays calling the callback
    > > exept when shortcuts are used. The signal delivery seems to be suppended
    > > from pressing the key to releasing it.
    >
    > Can you provide example code which exhibits this behavior? It will
    > make it considerably easier to find a solution.

    I can. ;) You'll find a little program, setting up the usual "Push Me"
    button, which can be pushed using <space>, ^p and ^m. In addition the
    signal SIGALRM is generated with 1Hz using setitimer() and catched using
    fl_set_signal_callback(). The callback does only count a number and prints
    it. If the Button is pressed using one of the shortcuts, the counting
    stops - the mentioned blocking, I guess.
            The programm was tested to work at least on SunOS 5.7.

            Cheers Jan