Re: XForms: Linux and Ctrl-C

From: Steve Lamont (spl@ncmir.ucsd.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 13:20:20 EST

    > Excuse me if the following question is not
    > directly linked to an Xform problem, but I have seen
    > that in Xform, there is a call to signal() function,
    > and it is working under Linux ReadHat 6.2

    Are you using a signal callback (fl_add_signal_callback())? A signal
    callback is the proper way to deal with signals from XForms. Doing
    *anything* from a signal handler other than setting a flag to be
    polled by the main code is generally a bad thing -- making library
    function calls is generally the kiss of death since you have no idea
    what the state of the stack is when the signal occurs.

    > PS: I have an other code that uses shared memory. The producer
    > that writes in shared memory seems to work perfectly
    > under Linux, but the consumer, still under Linux of course,
    > that reads from this shared memory
    > returns NULL instead of the char array that should be read.
    > This consumer works perfectly under OSF1.
    > The address, under Linux, of the shared memory
    > is 1078706176 (on HP Vectra 400 PC),
    > while under OSF1 it is 8388608 (on a XP1000 workstation)
    > Could this be the source of problem?

    No. Not likely, unless you've hard coded an address somewhere. I'd
    double check the shared memory code to make sure that you've got it
    set up right. The Stevens book _UNIX Network Programming_ is an
    excellent reference for this sort of thing.

                                                            spl