XForms: xforms 0.88 and ClientMessage

From: John Levon (moz@compsoc.man.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 14:45:29 EST

    In my quest to locate a LyX bug (you can find a very brief summary at
    https://sourceforge.net/bugs/?func=detailbug&group_id=15212&bug_id=123277)
    I have determined that a canvas we created stops receiving ClientMessage
    events when certain xforms dialogs are opened between. The canvas is
    created with :

    fl_add_canvas(FL_NORMAL_CANVAS, xpos + 1, ypos + 1, 1, 1, "");

    And then a handler for ClientMessages is installed with :

    fl_add_canvas_handler(figinset_canvas, ClientMessage,
                                          GhostscriptMsg,
                                          current_view->owner()->getForm());

    (the final argument isn't actually used AFAICS).

    Now if some dialogs are opened then the ClientMessages stop arriving to
    the GhostscriptMsg handler. I have verified that ghostscript is sending
    these out (to the correct window), so I suspect xforms is handling, and
    dropping, these ClientMessage events.

    I have also verified that changing the message_type value makes no
    difference.

    I tried installing a pre-handler with :

    fl_set_object_prehandler(figinset_canvas, GSPreHandler);

    but this doesn't report any events *at all* until I quit LyX !

    I tried using another window to deliver the ClientMessage events to, but
    the same rule applies.

    Can some xforms person who has access to the source code give me some
    hints on what processing is done of ClientMessage events ? Is there some
    way I can actually get access to the raw X event queue ?

    thanks
    john