Re: XForms: XYPlot reports back wrong cursor position.

From: Bill Unruh (unruh@physics.ubc.ca)
Date: Thu Dec 21 2000 - 21:24:59 EST

    > > I am having problems with the XYPlot window in not reporting the mouse
    > > cursor back properly. The position reported back seems to be (
    > > variably) 0-15 pixels to the left of where the cursor actually is.
    >
    > Can you provide example code (other than the application, which I
    > can't build since I don't have a Linux box with a sound card) which
    > illustrates the problem?

    OK. Go to
    ftp://black-hole.physics.ubc.ca/outgoing/testxy.tar.gz

    This is a test file which displays a sum of sin()s and allows you to
    click on the curve. The line where you clicked is then displayed.
    Although along parts of the curve this works fine, at the minima and
    maxima of the curve it displays the same problems-- a displacement of
    the red marker from where you actually clicked on the curve.

    I did not want to fill up this maillist with the detailed printout of
    the various files.

    --
    William G. Unruh	Canadian Institute for		Tel: +1(604)822-3273
    Physics&Astronomy	   Advanced Research		Fax: +1(604)822-5324