XForms: undefined reference to `fl_initialize' and

From: Jeremy C. Reed (reed@reedmedia.net)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2001 - 20:27:21 EST

    I am using the binary distribution of xforms-088 as installed by the
    NetBSD xforms package.

    Installed are:

    /usr/X11R6/include/X11/forms.h
    /usr/X11R6/lib/libforms.a
    /usr/X11R6/lib/libforms.la
    /usr/X11R6/lib/libxforms.a
    /usr/X11R6/lib/libxforms.la

    /usr/X11R6/include/X11/forms.h:
         $Revision: 0.88 $
         $State: Beta $
         $Date: 1998/02/22 05:35:07 $
         $Author: zhao $

    /usr/X11R6/lib/libforms.a:
         $State: Beta $
         $Revision: 0.88.1 $
         $Date: 1998/02/22 05:24:46 $

    /usr/X11R6/lib/libxforms.a:
         $State: Beta $
         $Revision: 0.88.1 $
         $Date: 1998/02/22 05:24:46 $

    I can not figure out how to get a simple C program to use this library. I
    don't have a shared library. I tried looking at the Makefiles and build
    output for lyx and dap which both use xforms for examples, but I can't
    figure it out. I also looked at some examples from the xforms contrib
    directory.

    rainier:~/projects/homebsd$ gcc -I/usr/X11R6/include/X11
    -I/usr/X11R6/include -L/usr/X11R6/lib -Wl,-R/usr/X11R6/lib -lforms -lXpm
    -lX11 -lm test2.c
    /tmp/ccvO53Hc.o: In function `main':
    /tmp/ccvO53Hc.o(.text+0x12): undefined reference to `fl_initialize'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

    rainier:~/projects/homebsd$ cat test2.c
    #include <forms.h>
    main (int argc, char *argv[])
    {

      fl_initialize(&argc, argv, 0, 0, 0);

    }

    For your information my gcc is egcs-1.1.2; and I am running NetBSD
    1.5.1_ALPHA under i386.

    What do I need to do to link with or use the library?

    (Feel free to point me to any appropriate documentation.)

    Thanks,

       Jeremy C. Reed
       http://www.reedmedia.net/